Peter Nsubuga - Director Public Relations
Key Qualifications and Experience:
Peter Nsubuga is a Graduate Teacher and Diploma Graduate in Tourism Management, Professional Tour Operator, Trained Researcher and a Practicing Enviro-Sociologist; with over five years of professional experience much of which has been associated with Carrying out Ecological Interpretations in the Ecological Zones of Uganda preferably Natural forests, National Parks and water bodies; Environmental Studies, Fieldwork Excursions, Wildlife Inventories, Sociological Studies and Teaching in higher institutions. He has also carried Photography and Photographic interpretations, Mapping, general fieldwork and topographical excursions.
He has trained in first-aid and GPS coordination.
He is well conversant with Computer Packages like, Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Publisher, Internet, Programs like AutoCAD, etc. A good orator who has gained more experience from tour guiding and public relations.
He is a multi-task performer who produces positive results especially where the objectives and programs are well set. He has the ability to analyse problems and formulate solutions and/or recommendations. He is a flexible and independent fellow who likes research. An entrepreneur, marketer, good driver/ guide, good listener, good at Report writing, decent and adventurous professional.
Membership of Associations:
- - Nature Uganda
- - Mabira Forest Integrated Community Organisation (MAFICO)
- - Ten Thousand Member Development Club (TEMDEC)
- - Relevant Teacher Associations in Uganda
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Report for Consultancy Services for Review and Update of Feasibility Study and Detailed Engineering Design of Kapchorwa – Suam Road Project in Eastern Uganda (Approved by the National Environment Management Authority) 2009-2010
- A Synopsis of Major Uses of Important Trees and Shrubs of Uganda. (Unpublished) 2008.
- The Impact of Mabira Ecotourism Centre to the surrounding Communities and Uganda at large (Unpublished) 2007
- The Effect of Drugs on the Ex-child Soldiers and Ex-rebels in Northern Uganda (Unpublished) 2007
- Facts About Mabira Forest (Unpublished) 2007
- Prostitution: Causes, Impact and Way Forward
- The Impact of Small-Scale Agro-Based Industries to the People of Buwama Sub-County, Mpigi District (Unpublished) 2002.
- Causes of a High School Drop-Out Rate: Case Study-Primary School in Nangabo Sub-County, Wakiso District (Unpublished) 2001.
- - Adventure
- - Birding
- - Drama and Music
- - Internet Surfing
- - Photography and Mountain biking
2006 –to date:Director Public Relations – Eco-Specialists Tours Uganda
2009-2010: Assistant Sociologist - Consultancy Services for Review and Update of Feasibility Study and Detailed Engineering Design of Kapchorwa – Suam Road Project in Eastern Uganda
2008: Organiser-Workshop on HIV/AIDS and its Impact on Ex-child
Soldiers/ Captives in the Great Lakes Region.
2007: Organiser – Workshop on Property Rights
2006: Organiser-Africa Seed Trade Association Conference.
2005: Organiser- Eastern and Southern Africa School Milk Conference.
2005: Associate Organizer-Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa Conference.
Languages in terms of Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening;
- - English is Fluentin speaking Excellent in writing reading and listens well.
- - Kiswahili is Fair in speaking and writing but also good in reading and listening.
Position: Director – Public Relations
Personal Contacts :
Tel: + 256 (0) 772 871145, + 256 (0) 751200900,